Terms and Conditions
All intellectual property on this web site is owned by Waitemata DHB, including the copyright in all items. The presence of any resources, images or otherwise on this web site does not constitute consent (implied or otherwise) for them to be copied or used. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by the terms stated below
- WDHB refers to Waitemata District Health Board
- CALD refers to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse
eCALD® is a registered trademark name owned by WDHB. (e) represents education, e-learning, electronic downloadable information and ethnicity. CALD refers to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse.
eCALD® COURSES AND RESOURCES have been developed by Waitemata DHB’s eCALD® Service (eCALD®).
WWP COURSES refers to eCALD® Courses for Working with Patients. WP COURSES are the intellectual property of Waitemata DHB which owns the copyright of all of the course material. These courses are provided in both face-toface and online (e-learning) formats. The online courses are hosted and can only be accessed via the www.ecald.com Learning Management System.
The names of the WWP COURSES are as follows:
- CALD 1 Culture and Cultural Competency
- CALD 2 Working with Migrant Patients
- CALD 3 Working with Refugee Patients
- CALD 4 Working with Interpreters
- CALD 5 Working with Asian Mental Health Clients
- CALD 7 Working with Religious Diversity
- CALD 8 Working with CALD Families – Disability Awareness
- CALD 9 Working in a Mental Health Context with CALD clients
- CALD 10 Working in a Mental Health Context with CALD children and adolescents
These WWP COURSES are designed to enhance learners’ cultural competence working with CALD patients/clients and their families.
CDW COURSES refers to eCALD® Courses for Culturally Diverse Workplaces. CDW COURSES are the intellectual property of Waitemata DHB which owns the copyright in this material. These are provided in face-to-face format only. The names of the CDW COURSES are as follows:
CCR RESOURCES refers to eCALD® Cross-Cultural Resources. These are the intellectual property of Waitemata DHB which owns the copyright of the material. CCR RESOURCES are supplementary online resources and are NOT courses. These online resources are published on the www.ecald.com website exclusively, in HTML format or electronic PDF document. The names of the CCR RESOURSES are as follows:
- Cross Cultural Resource for Health Practitioners working with CALD clients [Desktop Kit)]
- Cross Cultural Resource for Health Practitioners working with CALD clients [e-toolkit] – electronic downloadable PDF documents
- Staff Working in a CALD Health Environment [e-toolkit] • Ayurvedia Medicine [video] - HTML
- Working with Religious Diversity [supplement] - HTML
- Working with CALD Families – Disability Awareness [supplement] - HTML
- Working with Asian Mental Health Clients [supplement] – HTML
- Working with Middle Eastern and African Mental Health Clients [supplement] – HTML
- CALD Family Violence Resource [Supplement] – HTML and PDF document
- CALD Older People Resource [Supplement] – HTML and PDF document
- Maternal Health for CALD Women [Supplement] - HTML and PDF document
- Caring for Asian Children [Supplement] - PDF document
- CALD Child & Adolescent Mental Health [Supplement] - HTML and PDF document
- Death & Dying [Booklet] – HTML and PDF document
- Cultural Competence Continuum
- Cultural Competence Assessment Checklist
eCALD® MATERIALS refer to all the WWP COURSES, CWD COURSES and CCR RESOURCES named above. All these materials are intellectual property of Waitemata DHB which owns the copyright in them.
The information available on or through this website is only intended to provide general information to the public. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website is correct at the time of publication or at the date of posting on the website. The Waitemata DHB and the writers/authors of this website do not accept any responsibility for information which is incorrect or out of date. This information is not intended to be relied upon. Where you (or others) take action as a result of the information in this resource it is at your own risk and you agree not to hold Waitemata DHB liable in any way for any loss or damage you may suffer. Accordingly, eCALD® shall not be held liable for any claim for any loss or damage, whether economic or otherwise, as a result of reliance on the information contained in this website.
If you find any information that you believe may be inaccurate, please let us know about it by sending an email to eCALD Admin.
Additionally eCALD® :
- may change, delete, add to or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this site.
- neither endorses the information, content, presentation or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other sites
The information available on this website is not intended to cover every situation, and details that may be relevant to a user’s particular circumstances may have been omitted.
Information that is archived is not up to date. eCALD® makes this archived information available as historic reference material only. It should not be relied on as being accurate.
Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with these terms and any other terms that form part of it.
Except where stated otherwise, this website and the information is the copyright of the Waitemata DHB.
Waitemata DHB owns the copyright and/or licence rights to all images and trademarks on this website, including the eCALD® logo, images and trademarks on this site. They must not be used or reproduced for any purpose, including personal or educational use, unless the written permission of Waitmata DHB or the copyright owner of eCALD® has been obtained. Where permission is granted it will be a specific license for a specific purpose and such permission will not include permission to use any material by a third party or for any purpose other than the purpose permission is grant for. Where permission is granted you agree to indemnify Waitemata DHB against any third party copyright and/or intellectual property owner should a claim be brought against Waitemata DHB as a result of you using any intellectually protected material.
No part of any of the eCALD® MATERIALS may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior written permission from the copyright holder. This includes multi-media, case scenarios or online exercises as teaching tools.
No part of any of the eCALD® MATERIALS may be used for teaching purposes. This includes multi-media, case scenarios or online exercises as teaching tools.
If permission is given to use material from this site and that information is adapted from any of the eCALD® MATERIALS then references must be made appropriately and credited.
Copyright of third parties
Any permission given to reproduce material from this site only applies to the material that is copyrighted by the parties specified above and such permission does not extend to any material that is identified as being copyrighted material owned by a third party. (This includes material on websites you may access via links from this site).
eCALD® cannot grant permission to reproduce such material, you must obtain permission directly from the copyright holders themselves.
Privacy and security
When viewing the general information on this site, we will not collect information that identifies individual users. Please email CALD Admin you have any questions or concerns about the personal information that we hold about you.
When you register into our eCALD® Learning Management System (LMS), the details you provide will be stored with the eCALD® in an electronic database maintained by eCALD®. Your name and email address will be used to send you eCALD® updates and electronic newsletters, and will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent. However you agree not to hold Waitemate DHB liable for any breach of this policy, whether or not you suffer loss or damages as a result of any disclosure, whether inadvertent or otherwise.
What is eCALD® Learning Management System
eCALD® Learning Management System (LMS) is a secured Learning Management System. The system is hosted on the www.ecald.com website and provides a platform under MY ACCOUNT section of the website for those ELIGIBLE (Check Eligibility and Enrolment) for WWP COURSES and CDW COURSES and CCR RESOURCES to:
- Open (REGISTER) a secured online eCALD® USER ACCOUNT and Enrol into the first eCALD® course.
- Access the eCALD® USER ACCOUNT using a secured Password provided to eCALD® LMS USERS upon approval of the new Account.
- Access the eCALD® USER ACCOUNT for continuous enrolment of courses; check course enrolment status; cancellation courses; undertaking online study of approved online WWP courses; printing WWP course certificate(s) and accessing a range of the online CCR RESOURCES that is available in the User Account.
It is your responsibility to keep your eCALD® User Account Password secured and confidential and it should not to be shared with other people. eCALD® retains the right to de-activate your eCALD® User Account if account security and confidentiality rule is breached or the website is used in any matter that breaches these policies. You agree to hold eCALD® blameless for any loss or damages you suffer as a result of a deactivation of your eCALD® User Account.
If you are eligible for funded courses:
- you are expected to enroll for courses with your work-email address for Username;
- you are required to inform your manager about taking up CALD course(s), because your approving manager’s name will receive an email notifying about him/her about your course enrolment(s); and
- you are expected to provide the approving manager’s name and work email address on the enrolment form correctly.
eCALD® has the rights to decline your registration and/or enrolments if you are not eligible for the funded courses.
You can enroll into the same course for up to 10 times. You will be declined access if you have access the same course for more than 10 times.
eCALD® has the rights to de-active your eCALD® LMS and FORUM Account if the website administrator considers that you have breached copyright’s rules or abused the system by disclosing your password or giving access to the eCALD® LMS /FORUM account to other people. This is at the sole discretion of the website administrator.
Should this website invite you to purchase any item, a binding contract is not entered into until the website administrator (or delegated person) accepts your order and informs you of their acceptance. The website administrator (or delegated person) may cancel any order at any time at its sole discretion and Waitemata DHB (or its agent) will not be liable for any loss howsoever arising as a result of the cancellation of an order.
Face-to-Face CALD Course Cancellation Policy
This policy applies to course requesters who have placed an order for a face-to-face course for a group of participants for an agreed date, time and venue at the agreed price.
Course cancellation must be made 2 weeks before the course start date. Late cancellation or cancellation with less than 2 weeks notice will require the course requester to pay the full cost of the booked course to Waitemata DHB.
Updated: 13 August 2017