Mar 28th 2018
Refugee Health Forum - Supporting Asylum Seeker Health Outcomes [10 April 2018]
The Auckland Regional Refugee Health Network (ARRHN) Executive Group cordially invites you and your colleagues to attend the first of a series of three Refugee Health forums in 2018 aimed at professionals who engage with Asian, Middle Eastern and African communities from former refugee backgrounds in primary health.
Topic #1: Supporting Asylum Seeker Health Outcomes (Follow-up from November 2017 Forum)
- Dougal Ellis and Greig Young (Refugee Status Branch, Immigration NZ)
- Dr Martin Reeve (Medical Officer, Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre)
- General Practitioner/health professional (TBC)
Who: Primary health professionals and service providers who engage with asylum seekers and former refugees living in metro Auckland
When: Tues, 10 April, 6.00 - 7.30pm, doors open at 5.30pm (Light halal refreshments served)
Where: Western Springs Garden Community Centre, Hall 1, 956 Great North Road, Western Springs, Central Auckland
RSVP: Email Daleen at Daleen.firstname.lastname@example.org or ph. 09 442 7150 by 8th April 2018. The forum attendance is FREE.
- The Auckland Regional Refugee Health Network (ARRHN) is made up of GPs, Practice nurses, Public health nurses, School nurses, Managers, Community health workers, and other health and social sector professionals from NGOs, PHOS and DHBs who are committed to strengthening practitioner’s knowledge, skills and awareness of the refugee health needs.
- ARRHN forums have been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and have been approved for up to 1.5 CME credits for the General Practice Educational Programme (GPEP) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes