Jun 28th 2018
Refuge in the City: Former Refugees in Urban New Zealand Conference [6-7 NOV 2018] – Calling for Papers
The Centre for Global Migrations, University of Otago is hosting a 2-Day conference.
Conference name: “Refuge in the City: Former Refugees in Urban New Zealand Conference”
Dates: 6-7 November 2018
- Professor Max Abbott (Auckland University of Technology)
- Zeina Al Naasan (University of Otago)
- Associate Professor Sara Kindon (Victoria University of Wellington)
- Dr Najibullah Lafraie (University of Otago)
- Associate Professor Jay Marlowe (University of Auckland)
- Govinda Regmi (Red Cross)
Call for Papers
Most former refugees to Aotearoa/New Zealand are resettled in cities. But how do specific urban areas influence refugee resettlement? What opportunities and challenges surround such aspects as housing, education, health and language provision? This two-day conference seeks to examine refugee resettlement in New Zealand by bringing together academics, policymakers, NGOs, practitioners, former refugees, and the general public.
Conference organisers are seeking proposals for 30-minute papers that consider any aspect of refugee resettlement in urban New Zealand.
Deadline: 1 August 2018:
Please send proposals to Lea Doughty at firstname.lastname@example.org