Jul 11th 2019
Pre-cutting edge 2019 conference: Asian Workshop [18 Sept 2019]
To the addiction workforce...don’t miss this opportunity!
pre-conference Asian Workshop is presenting
An overview of Asian family Services & eCALD® Services
~ & ~
The “Working with Addiction with CALD Clients” COURSE
When: 18th September 2019 (WEDNESDAY)
Where: Cordis Hotel Auckland
REGISTER EARLY...We have limited spaces.
Registration closes: Friday, 30th August 2019
To view more information about the following click on the link below:
- Asian Workshop Agenda
- Course information: Working with Addiction with CALD Clients
- How to register for this workshop
- Do I have to pay for registration?
- How do I pay for the registration?
- Contact Us
Asian Workshop Agenda
|0900-0930||An overview of Asian Family Services|
|0930-0945||An overview of eCALD® Services|
|0945-1015||Morning tea break|
|1015-1200||Course: Working with Addiction with CALD clients|
|1300-1515||Course: Working with Addiction with CALD clients (course continues)|
Course information: Working with Addiction with CALD Clients
CALD clients in this course refer to culturally and linguistically diverse clients from Asian, Middle Eastern and African background. Addiction discussed in this course includes gambling, drug and alcohol, and internet gaming addictions.
Course information: This course is intended for anyone working with addiction clients. The aim of the course is to provide strategies for managing cross-cultural interactions, screening, assessment, treatment and interventions in an addiction context working with CALD clients and their families.
- Become aware of the importance of culturally competent addiction services for CALD clients and families
- Have a better understanding of the barriers to access, cross cultural issues with engagement, assessment and treatment when working with CALD clients and families in addiction settings
- Gain skills to develop trust and rapport with CALD clients and families.
- Gain skills in cross-cultural clinical assessment, screening and treatment
On completing this course you will have greater insight of the issues surrounding addiction issues with CALD clients and their families; will become aware of how to develop rapport and trust with CALD clients and families and gain skills in cross-cultural engagement, assessment and intervention with CALD clients.
NB: Participants completed the course can claim 10 professional education points from DAPAANZ with the certificate.
How to register for this workshop
- Login to your eCALD® account via the www.ecald.com Login page
- If you don’t have an eCALD® account, click the CREATE AN ACCOUNT button and complete the account application. Once your account is approved, you can access your account with your email and password
- When you are in your account: go to MAKE AN ENROLMENT
- Click on the Face to Face , then scroll the list to look for the course titled
Module 11 – Working with Addiction with CALD Clients
18th September 2019, 9.00am to 3.45pm
Cordis Hotel, Auckland
- Once you have located the course, click the ENROL button next to the course title
- You will be send an auto email confirming your enrolment
- You will also be reminded about the course nearer time
Do I have to pay registration fee?
- If you are currently a health professional working in either primary, secondary or a non-governmental organisation (NGO), you are eligible for the free entry.
- NB: Preference would be given to those who are working in the addiction section (and a registered member of Dapaanz).
- If not you will need to pay $300 + GST per registration.
How do I pay for the registration?
Email email@example.com for a manual registration and payment form.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiry about this workshop.