Jul 2nd 2020
New Zealand Asian Mental Health and Wellbeing Report 
Hot off the press! Asian Family Services has just released their newly published “New Zealand Asian Mental Health & Wellbeing Report”.
The research surveyed 580 Asian New Zealanders across the country and found almost 44 per cent of them experienced some form of mental distress since the COVID-19 Level 4 lockdown. The survey found high levels of anxiety and nervousness, as well as racism.
Key findings presented on page 2 of the report include indicators such as the:
- most valued services by respondents
- most accessed support by respondents
- proportion of respondents accessing gambling activities in the past 12 months
- proportion of respondents experienced discrimination during the COVID-19 outbreak
- distribution of racial discrimination by Asian ethnic groups
- proportion of respondents feeling nervous, anxious, worried, and hopeless
- TVNZ – One News