Nov 14th 2019
Chinese Families Autism Support Group Meeting [Tuesday 19th November 2019]
The Parent and Family Resource Centre (trading as Disability Connect) has announced the Chinese Families Autism Support Group meeting in November.
Tuesday 19th November 2019, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Social Room, Te Tuhi
13 Reeves Road, Pakuranga, Auckland
About this event
This month your invited invite you to join Part II of an open and honest conversation with regards to mental, physical, emotional and sexual needs our young people experience as they enter adulthood. We will explore best practice methods in supporting them to understand their needs and help keep them safe and content.
The presentation will cover:
- What does a healthy relationship look like (healthy relationships are so much safer than just sexual behaviour
- Safer sex (appropriate behaviours, touch, boundaries and consent)
- The impact of pornography
- Staying safe online
Zaif Khan, Health Promotion Area Manager of Family Planning will deliver the presentation in English and it will be interpreted into Mandarin. The presentation is starting promptly at 10am.
The presentation is starting promptly at 10am.
Programme for the day:
- 9:30am - Registrations open (tea and coffee)
- 10:00am - Workshop: Ways to support healthy relationships, sex, safety and manage impact of pornography with our young adults with a disability by Zaif Khan, Health Promotion Area Manager from Family Planning
- 12:00pm - Networking
- 12:30pm - Finish
All Chinese and Asian families raising a child with autism or other disability are welcome to this meeting. Please inform as many parents as possible about this meeting.
- FREE entry and ample FREE carparking (at rear of building)
- Complimentary light lunch included
*If you are a professional working in the disability sector, there will be a $50 charge for attending this families support group
For catering purposes it is important to register for this meeting. You can register in English or Chinese by emailing Sanny at Disability Connect firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also phone 09 636 0351 to book over the phone (English).