Jun 10th 2019
CAHRE National Symposium 2019
[Call for Abstracts]
Theme: Intersectionality and inequality: Rethinking Asian and Ethnic Minority Health
Deadline for abstract submission
extended to July, 7 2019
Hosted by: The School of Population Health, University of Auckland’s Centre for Asian and Ethnic Minority Health Research (CAHRE)
Aim: The aim of the forum is to consider intersectionality as a theoretical tool, share innovations in methodology, and present empirical evidence from current research on intersectionality and Asian and Ethnic Minority (AEM) health. Among the questions raise are: What is the state of health among Asian and Ethnic Minorities in New Zealand when explored through the prism of intersectionality? What does intersectionality as a theoretical framework offer research, policy and community practice on AEM health in New Zealand?
When: 12th September 2019
Where: School of Population Health, University of Auckland
ABSTRACTS are invited from: academics and researchers, policymakers, service managers, community practitioners, and student who work in or are interested in Asian and Ethnic Minority health.
Abstracts for oral (20 minutes) and poster presentations could be on, but not restricted to, one or more of the following themes focusing on intersectionality, difference, diversity and inequality:
- Intergenerational issues
- Intersections of gender and gendering
- Methodological approaches to intersectionality in Asian and Ethnic Minority health
- Policy diversities in Asian and Ethnic Minority health
- Regions, place and settings as health intersections
- Practicing diversity and intersectionality in Asian and Ethnic Minority Health
- Transnationality and health intersections
- Health and wellbeing as an intersectional concept (for example: mental health)
- Communities of difference in Asian and Ethnic Minority health
- Ethics, diversity and intersectionality.
Abstract guidelines: Abstracts should be 250 words maximum. At least one author for each paper must have a paid registration by 10 August 2019
For all enquiries regarding CAHRE 2019 please contact Rachel Simon-Kumar or Roshini Peiris-John @ email@example.com