Dec 6th 2018
Brand new!! Working with Addiction with CALD clients face-to-face course
eCALD® Services is pleased to announce the official launch of our newly developed face-to-face “Working with Addiction with CALD clients course” .
Produced by: eCALD® Services in collaboration with Asian Family Services.
Overall purpose: to improve cultural competency in the provision of problem gambling, substance abuse, alcohol and gaming addiction services in New Zealand.
Aim of the course: to provide strategies for managing cross-cultural interactions, screening, assessment, treatment and interventions in an addiction context working with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) clients and their families.
Addiction in this course refers to gambling, alcohol, drug and gaming addiction.
CALD clients in this course refers to culturally and linguistically diverse clients from Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American and African backgrounds.
Participants completing this course will:
- Become aware of the importance of culturally competent addiction services for CALD clients and families.
- Have a better understanding of the barriers to access, cross cultural issues with engagement, assessment and treatment when working with CALD clients and families in addiction settings.
- Gain skills to develop trust and rapport with CALD clients and families.
- Gain skills in cross-cultural clinical assessment, screening and treatment.
- On completing this course you will have greater insight of the issues surrounding addiction issues with CALD clients and their families; will become aware of how to develop rapport and trust with CALD clients and families and gain skills in cross-cultural engagement, assessment and intervention with CALD clients.
Course duration: 4 hours
Pre-requisite: CALD 1 Culture and Cultural Competency online or face-to-face course.
How to book this face to face course for your team or service:
- In order to book a course with us, you need to have at least 12 participants confirmed taking part in the course (max 25 participants)
- To book a course please contact eCALD® admin staff via email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Online course for Working with Addiction with CALD clients will be available in April/May 2019 for individual course enrolment.
How to claim professional development points from Dapaanz:
- This course is worth 10 professional development points.
- You can claim the points by providing a course completion certificate to Dapaanz.
We only have a limited number of face-to-face courses to offer for 2019, please book your course(s) earlier, as it is on a first come first serve basis.
Find out more about other CALD Courses for working with CALD patients or clients