Aug 16th 2018
A new eCALD® Cultural Competency and Customer Service online course
eCALD® Services are pleased to announce the launch our new Cultural Competency and Customer Service online course which is suitable for anyone in the health workforce working in a customer service role such as pharmacists, general practice/hospital receptionists, etc. This course is a customer facing module. Attending the course participants will:
- Understand the need for cultural competency.
- Be more aware of their own cultural values.
- Understand and learn how to apply the four elements of cultural competency (cultural awareness, sensitivity, knowledge and skills) when working with clients from cultures different from their own.
- Understand cultural sensitivity in practice.
- Gain knowledge and skills to develop cultural competency in cross-cultural interactions.
On completing this course learners will have developed new skills in cultural competency; and become aware of different cultural values and how assumptions, interpretations and judgements can impact on how we communicate with and understand our CALD clients or colleagues during interactions.
Here is what pilot participants of the Cultural Competency and Customer Service online course said:
I enjoyed the use of videos and audios to complement the text and what is being learnt. Very good quality!
I am currently in O&G in CMDHB, so a lot of patients don't have English as a first language and have other cultures - this will be important when considering birth and gynaecology problems as there can be different values and beliefs.
Although not relevant in my current position, this course has certainly made me think about how I interact with people from other cultures which I was not really aware of previously.
Very well written and engaging.
Click here for more information about this course and how to access the course.