A Guide for Carers in Chinese and Korean Languages


About this resource

This is practical guide for people caring for family or friends who are older or have ill health, a disability or a mental health, alcohol or other drug issue.

The guide includes information on the government-funded services and supports available for carers, such as:

  • financial help
  • needs assessments (NASC)
  • help at home
  • help if you need a break
  • help related to children with special education needs
  • making and resolving complaints
  • equipment and modifications

Hard copies can also be sought by phoning Work and Income 0800 559 009 (available in Chinese and Korean languages)


Ministry of Social Development