Community Child Health Cultural Case Worker [Waitemata DHB] [Waitemata District]
Waitematä District Health Board's Community Child Health Cultural Case workers provide community and hospital based support to migrant and former refugee families from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Cultural Case Workers provide cultural support to children with special needs and their families.
Cultural Case Workers can help CALD families with:
- Cultural support services
- Education for parents about NZ Health and Education systems
- Coordination and navigation to relevant services/agencies
- Advice and support for families
- Advice and support for health professionals
Cultural Case Workers work with different teams of health professionals such as:
- Social Workers
- (09) 4470100 - North
- (09) 8376624 - West
Referrals could be:
- By fax: (09) 837 8877
- By email: email@example.com
Access criteria: CALD families who have children with special needs residing in the Waitematä region.
Jul 16, 2019