Working with Religious Diversity [HTML]
This resource provides additional religio-cultural information not covered in our courses, it contains tips and guidelines, and approaches based on cultural consideration.
It includes case studies using multi-media to enhance the learning process.
- Section I provides an overview of the systems of Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism and Chinese Folk Religion.
- Section II presents information on how the principles from these philosophical systems and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) interact in the New Zealand healthcare system.
- Section III provides links to a Table on Interactions of some Western Drugs with Chinese Herbs, a comparative and summary table of East Asian Doctrines, a Bibliography and list of References for this resource, and an interactive Quiz.
This resource is only available in HTML online format.
To access the HTML online resource, you need to have an eCALD® user account.
- If you do not have an account, you need to check your eligibility first, then click the GO TO LOGIN button below.
- If you already have an account, please click on the GO TO LOGIN below.
Reminder: please complete pre-requisite course(s) if you are eligible.
Researched and written by Victoria Camplin-Welch.
Produced by eCALD® Services, Waitemata District Health Board (2012)
© Waitemata District Health Board (2012)