Supporting Muslim Service Users [PDF]
This booklet provides information about different aspects of Muslim cultures to help service providers gain better understanding. Information provided includes:
- Key point of Muslim Culture
- Alcohol and other Drugs, Death Diet
- Dress Code, Hygiene, Illness
- Muslim Celebrations, Prayers
- Ramadan, Relationships
- Treatment of Mental illness, Women
- Other useful information
To access this resource, please click on the DOWNLOAD RESOURCE button below.
Designed and written by Bachik Ahmad (Registered Nurse, Mason Clinic) and Dean Cathro (Programme Manager, Mason Clinic, Waitemata District Health Board).
Published on this website on request by the authors.