CALD 8 - Working with CALD Families - Disability Awareness
- 4 hours (CME/CNE/MOPS accredited) for classroom / face-to-face training
- 3 hours (CME/CNE/MOPS accredited) for online self-paced, self-reflective, interactive learning
This course is intended for anyone working in primary care, secondary care or mental health services who wants to work more effectively with CALD people with disabilities and their families.
The aim of this course is to introduce you to the challenges of working with cultural beliefs around disability that impact on treatment and interventions, and also ways to accommodate different beliefs and attitudes wherever possible.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Apply culturally competent practice and disability awareness when working with CALD families.
- Be more aware and have more knowledge of the cultural perspectives of CALD populations on disability, and the impact this has on service providers.
- Gain skills to work effectively and to broach sensitive issues with CALD clients with impairments and their families.
- Gain a set of tools to apply to their own practice.
- Know how to find and use resources to work with CALD clients with impairments and their families.
On completing this course you will have more knowledge and understanding of the cultural perspectives of the causes of disability, and the cultural obligations of care. You will have a new set of tools to apply to your own practice to work more effectively with CALD people with disabilities and their families.
Very thorough and informative course
The video sequences are highly successful learning tools-congratulations!!
List of other resources you can access:
- Ayurvedic Medicine [Video] - Pre-requisites CALD 1 and 2
- Working with Religious Diversity [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- Working with CALD Families - Disability Awareness [Supplement] - Pre-requisites CALD 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8
- Working with Asian Mental Health Clients [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- Working with Middle Eastern and African Mental Health Clients [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- CALD Caring for Asian Children Resource for Health Providers Working with Asian families [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1