CALD 10 - Working in a Mental Health Context with CALD Children and Adolescents
- 4 hours (CME/CNE/MOPS accredited) classroom/face-to-face training.
This course is intended for health professionals working in Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), secondary care, primary care or NGO sector who provide mental health related assessment, and /or support, intervention, treatment services for CALD migrant and refugee children and adolescents, from Asian, Middle Eastern and African backgrounds.
- Gain understanding of the barriers to engagement as well as approaches to enhance engagement with CALD children, adolescents and their families.
- Gain knowledge of and understanding how to approach intergenerational conflicts and sensitive issues.
- Gain skills to enhance cross-cultural assessment, intervention and treatment.
On completing this course you will develop skills to engage with CALD children, adolescents and families; will have better knowledge of issues of cross-cultural and the impact on screening, diagnosis and treatment outcome and gain tools for adapting into practice for cross cultural engagement, assessment, intervention and treatment.
I very rarely rate course this highly. I am very impressed by content and presentation.
The booklet and resource are great. The cultural assessment tools and guidelines were useful.
Very relevant to my practice, helpful tools and explanations were easy to relate to and understand.
Highly recommended supplementary HTML Online Resources can be accessed via the eCALD® account:
- Ayurvedic Medicine [Video] - Pre-requisites CALD 1 and 2
- Working with Religious Diversity [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- Working with CALD Families - Disability Awareness [Supplement] - Pre-requisites CALD 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8
- Working with Asian Mental Health Clients [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- Working with Middle Eastern and African Mental Health Clients [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- CALD Family Violence Resource for Health Practitioners Working with Asian, Middle Eastern and African clients [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- CALD Older People Resource for Health Providers Working with Asian, Middle Eastern and African older people [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
- Maternal Health for CALD Women Resource for Health Providers Working with Asian, Middle Eastern and African women [Supplement] - Pre-requisite CALD 1
Other highly recommended PDF downloadable supplementary resources are available under the Cross-Cultural Resources section: