Child Disability, Regional Respite and Rehab: Cultural Case Worker Team [Waitemata DHB] [Waitemata District]
Waitemata DHB's CALD Child Disability Service employs bilingual migrant and refugee cultural case workers to provide navigation, coordination and culturally appropriate support services, as well as community education for culturally and linguistically diverse families from Asian, Middle Eastern and African backgrounds.
- Culturally appropriate support for CALD families
- Improving the links and networks between the health, education and social service sectors
- Streamlining processes for families
- Providing a community voice in service planning and delivery
- Providing effective advocacy for families with children with disabilities
- Providing community education involving community and religious leaders
- Improving families’ knowledge and understanding of New Zealand “disability” services and supports
Client group: Asian, Refugee and Migrant clients who use WDHB's Child Disability Services, Regional Respite and Rehabilitation Services.
To talk about our referral criteria please contact:
Child Health Referral Service
Phone: 0800 247 333
Fax: 09 837 8877
Jul 15, 2017